Bellberry Limited exist to promote and improve the welfare of research participants and the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of research. We do this by:
- providing Human Research Ethics Committees which set the benchmark for ethical review and enhances Australia’s competitive position in clinical trials research, and
- financially supporting medical research in Australia.
Bellberry Limited is governed by a board of non-executive directors. The Board is responsible for the appropriate management of Bellberry and ensuring the strategic objectives of the company are met. The Board discharges these responsibilities through an ongoing program of meetings, engagement with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), appraisal and approval of annual operating budgets, governance structures and company policies. Bellberry, the Company, has very carefully ensured it has no influence on the decision making of its Committees.
The fees charged are for the review of a study, regardless of the outcome. Fees are determined by the Board and CEO and are managed separately to the Committees. The Committees do not see financial statements of the Company and have no involvement in this facet of the business.
Commitment to Privacy
Bellberry complies with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). This policy applies to all personal information that Bellberry collects and holds, including information about Bellberry’s employees. We consider that respect for the privacy of research participants is a critical ethical issue.
Board of Non-Executive Directors
Fraser Bell (Chair)
Malcolm Crompton AM
Hon John Hill
Professor Emeritus Lloyd Sansom AO
Professor Ingrid Scheffer AO
Chief Executive Officer
Kylie Sproston FTSE GAICD
Director of Operations
Director of Strategic Projects
Director of Research, Policy & Advocacy
Director of Philanthropic Activities
Dr Lisa Eckstein
Senior Leadership Team
- Alison Barr – Quality Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Franco Boschiero – IT Business Partner email@example.com
- Sally Gordon – Research Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susannah Hayden – Manager, Strategy & Engagement email@example.com
- Athena Seltsikas – HR Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Stevens – Member Manager email@example.com
- Catherine Wilson – Institutional Liaison Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for further information about Bellberry’s Human Research Ethics Committees.