Due to our ongoing growth, we continually seek to expand our panel of category (c) and (f) members with suitably qualified individuals. From time to time, we require category (a), (b), (d) and (e) members to join our team. If you are interested in becoming a Bellberry HREC Member please see below for further information.
Categories of membership per National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007) 5.1.30.
Knowledge and experience favourably considered (category (c) and (f) members) includes:
- Knowledge and understanding of scientific and methodological requirements of research protocols
- Recent or current involvement in conducting research, particularly clinical trials relating to drugs or devices, epidemiology or behavioural/social science research
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Statement
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant national and international documents/guidelines relating to clinical research, eg TGA, GMP, EMA, FDA (medical/science members)
- Understanding of the TGA and how it relates to clinical research (medical/science members)
- Relevant clinical experience and formal qualification/s to practice in Australia (medical/science members)
- The ability to communicate well, including the capacity to listen to and appreciate the views of others, to formulate and express a considered opinion
- Sound computer skills
Meetings are held on a Wednesday evening. There is no requirement to attend a regular meeting as attendance is based on Bellberry’s need and member’s availability. Category (c) and (f) members rotate through the HRECs depending on the meeting agenda and type of expertise required. As such, the time commitment is variable, and can be tailored to suit each member. Some panel members join a Bellberry HREC meeting 3 or 4 times a year, others may join 12 or 15 times.
Interstate members join meetings via teleconference. Our online software program enables members to access all relevant documents and investigator and committee correspondence via the internet.
Proposals are available to review 12 calendar days prior to a meeting. Post meeting matters are required to be dealt with promptly within a 48 hour period.
Bellberry supports education and professional development of HREC members. Initial induction training is provided to all new HREC members. Ongoing education is provided with access to internal events and support for attendance at external events.
If you are interested in becoming a Bellberry HREC member please complete and submit the Committee Member Application Form.
If you would like further information, please call the Committee Manager Cathy Stevens on 08 8361 3222 or email email@example.com