How to make a complaint

Any person or organisation using Bellberry’s services or affected by its operations can lodge a complaint and have their concerns addressed in ways that ensure access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency, as per Chapter 5.6 of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2023).

A Bellberry HREC may during its review and decision-making processes receive complaint or complaints related to:

  • the process or processes
  • a decision or decisions
  • the nature or content of an approved research study
  • a researcher’s conduct
  • how the study is being conducted
  • other research issues.

Complaints received by Bellberry HREC may be initiated by:

  • researchers, including researchers involved in the approved or other studies
  • research participants or their relatives or other concerned parties
  • institutions, organisations or other individuals with a direct or indirect interest in research approved by Bellberry.

The Operations Manager receives complaints. Where possible, the Operations Manager seeks to address complaints swiftly and will undertake further investigation as required.

Contact details for complaints:

Bellberry Limited
123 Glen Osmond Road
Eastwood, South Australia 5063
T: +61 8 8361 3222
E: bellberry@bellberry.com.au

The Complaints policy can be found at CG P9 Complaints