This month the White Coats Foundation are launching a two-part webinar series titled ‘De-Mystifying Consumer and Community Involvement in Research.‘
The White Coats Foundation looks at “de-mystifying” consumer and community involvement in research via a two-part webinar series that aims to:
- Provide clarification on what “consumer and community involvement” in research means.
- Provide insight into the training options available to support consumers with basic skills and knowledge to effectively engage in research.
- Explore the barriers to consumer engagement.
- Explore pathways that can facilitate the connection between researchers and consumers. These avenues are underdeveloped and need to be reviewed.
- Explore feedback mechanisms to consumers on outcomes of involvement and ensure participation is value-adding.